Saturday 5th September 2020
Yeeeeha! Our Macs Farm Barn Dance is back!
Bring the whole family down to join us for a rootin’ tootin’ time!
Our dance will be held in our Old Chook Shed, where you will find an amazing band on stage with a live caller to guide you through the steps.
Our huge farmers BBQ will be lit, and we will be cooking up the most delicious sausages from Old Oak Poultry Farm (just around the corner from us). One hot dog will be included with each ticket.
The Mac Shack bar will be open all evening, serving you a range of locally produced alcoholic drinks as well as a range of soft and hot drinks.
Our outside fire pits will be roaring, which means you can take a break from all of your yeeha-ing and relax with some delicious, locally made food and drink with family and friends.
This event has sold out for the last two years so do not miss out- come and barn dance the summers evening away with us! We can’t wait to see you all.
Love The Macs x
Date: Saturday 5th September 2020
Time: 5:00-10:30 pm
Price: Adults £15.00, Under 14’s £10.00, Under 3’s go free. Each ticket includes one local hot dog per person.
Location: The Old Chook Shed, Little Owl Field, The Macs Farm, Ditchling, BN6 8GT
This is a family-friendly event with the live music finishing by 10:30pm. Tickets include entry to the event, an evening of live music and one local hot dog per person. Drink and extra food can be purchased at an additional cost. Only food and drink purchased at the event can be consumed on site whilst the event is taking place. You cannot bring your own.
Which Ticket Shall I Book?
Join us for the evening. Tickets include:
- Entry to our the event from 5:00 pm-10:30 pm
- An evening of live music with a barn dance
- One local hot dog per person.
Evening tickets plus a weekends camping on the farm
Want to stay for the weekend? Our camping tickets include:
- Entry to the event from 5:00pm-10:30pm
- An evening of live music with a barn dance
- One local hot dog per person
- Camping from Friday 4th September- Sunday 6th September
- Normal camping fun will apply. Including The Outdoors Project, Deano’s Snake Shack, meet the chickens and Friday night pizza
Local performers, The Unreel Ceilidh Band will take centre stage with their caller and musicians to guide you through the steps. Bring your dancing feet as they had all ages up and dancing last year which was so much fun.
Food and Drink
Our bar will be stocked with locally produced cider, gin, sparkling wine, ales and lagers as well as a range of other alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
We will have the most delicious sausages available, hand made by Old Oaks Poultry Farm just around the corner in Ditchling that will be cooked on our farmers BBQ. The perfect thing for you to tuck into in between all of your dancing!
Let's Look Out For Each Other
- Track and trace- This event will be ticketed, when buying a ticket all visitors will have to provide their information for track and trace.
- Welcome email – All visitors will receive a welcome email detailing up to date government guidelines as well as what is to be expected on the event day.
- Visitors will be reminded not to attend the event if they are high risk or feeling unwell.
- Staff have all confirmed that they are in good health and are happy to work this event.
- They will be provided with the correct PPE if they wish to wear it.
- Performers have all confirmed that they are happy with this event (layout, Capacity etc.)
- There will be no rehearsals from the band on site before the event.
- Performers will be segregated from visitors whenever possible.
- Performers have been asked to not attend if they are high risk or feeling unwell.
- Performers will remind people to stay in their bubbles and to keep a safe distance.
- Our event will be held outside in our Little owl field. This is a huge open space that will give our visitors enough space to socially distance.
Structure and Set Up
The band gazebo will be only for the band, staff, and crew members; no public visitors will be able to enter the gazebo.
- There will be a 3-meter visual barrier between the crowd and the gazebo.
- The front and sides will be left off the gazebo to allow maximum ventilation.
THE OLD CHOOK SHED
The Old chook shed will house our bar and some select seating.
- All seating with be placed so that social distancing is adhered.
- A one-way system will be implicated inside the old chook shed to visit the bar alongside a queuing system.
- All barn doors and shutters will be left open to allow maximum ventilation.
- Only one person from each party is permitted too come to the bar
- No children are allowed in the bar area
- Signs asking guests to wear a mask inside of The Old Chook shed will be placed at the entrance
- Hand sanitiser will be available to guests
Communal areas and Toilet Facilities
- Communal areas will be monitored closely by staff to ensure that they are not getting to crowded.
- Each table will be recommended at 6 people per table.
- Regular cleaning will take place in the communal areas.
- A one-way system will be in place for people who are entering and exiting the toilet facilities. There will be a one in, one out policy for the cubicles that will be monitored and enforced by a staff member. Toilet queues will be socially distanced. An extra urinal will be available at the event to reduce the size of the queue at the toilets.
- Car park will be manned for 2 hours when people are arriving.
- People will be asked to part at least 1 meter apart.
- The car park will have a one-way system in place.
Any guest who is seen to be not adhering to the rules that we have put in place may be asked to leave the event.