5th & 6th December 2020
Christmas Trees at The Macs Farm
It’s the most wonderful time of the year… and we can’t wait to be full of festive cheer!
Come and join us at the farm on 5th and 6th December, where we will have a huge selection of beautiful Nordmann Fir Christmas trees for sale (the king of Christmas trees, rich in green colour that promises to have no needles dropping!)
Now more than ever, it is so important to be conscious and try to save on waste. Therefore, all our trees must be pre-ordered. Choose from a 5ft, 6ft or 7ft tree, simply order online, choose your time slot and then you can come and pick the tree of your choice – easy!
While you’re here collecting your tree, we will have a brilliant band with some live festive music for you to listen to. Our street food diners will be serving a mouth-watering selection of festive foods and our Old Chook Shed bar will be open serving mulled wine, hot chocolates and a wide range of other alcoholic, soft and hot drinks along with a cheeky mince pie or two.
Oh, and did you know we have a direct link to Santa too? (he LOVES our eggs!) Don’t let the kids forget to bring along their letters to Father Christmas. They can send them off in our very own post box to the North Pole.
After Christmas, for a £5 charity donation you can bring your tree back to us and we will put it to good use by recycling it into mulch. All profits from this will go towards a charity very close to our hearts – local lad and friend of the farm, Noah’s rehabilitation fund.
We can’t think of a better way to start the festive season and can’t wait to see you here.
Love The Mac’s x
Date: Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th December 2020
Time Slots: 09:30-11:30, 11:30-13:30, 13:30-15:30
Tree Prices: 5ft tree = £55, 6ft tree = £65, 7ft tree = £75
Location: Little Owl Field, The Macs Farm, Ditchling, BN6 8GT
Buying your Christmas tree with us will include entry to the farm and live festive music. Drinks, food and extras can be purchased at an additional cost. Only food and drink purchased at the event can be consumed on site whilst the event is taking place. You cannot bring your own.
Tree Recycling & More About Noah
For just £5, from the 4th – 9th January, drop your Christmas tree back to us at the Egg Shack (open from 9am until 12pm) where we will take it away and turn in to mulch. Noah is a friend of the farm and on May 11th 2019, sadly Noah’s world changed dramatically when he was in an accident that resulted in life changing brain injuries. All proceeds will go towards raising funds to pay for therapies that will maximise Noahs rehabilitation.
Listen to some live festive tunes whilst you pick out your real Christmas tree
Food & Drink
Tuck in to some warming festive treats from our street food vans. Our bar will be stocked with mulled wine, hot chocolates and mince pies.
Let's Look Out For Each Other
- As all Christmas trees are pre-booked we will have information for track and trace for each party.
- All visitors are asked to download the NHS COVID-19 app before arrival.
- Visitors will be reminded not to attend the event if they are high risk or feeling unwell.
- Staff have all confirmed that they are in good health and are happy to work this event.
- They will be provided with the correct PPE if they wish to wear it.
- Christmas trees will be set up outside in our Little owl field. This is a huge open space that will give our visitors enough space to socially distance.
Structure and Set Up
THE OLD CHOOK SHED
The Old chook shed will house our bar and some select seating.
- All seating with be placed so that social distancing is adhered.
- A one-way system will be implicated inside the old chook shed to visit the bar alongside a queuing system.
- All barn doors and shutters will be left open to allow maximum ventilation.
- Only one person from each party is permitted too come to the bar
- No children are allowed in the bar area
- Signs asking guests to wear a mask inside of The Old Chook shed will be placed at the entrance
- Hand sanitiser will be available to guests
Communal areas and Toilet Facilities
- Communal areas will be monitored closely by staff to ensure that they are not getting to crowded.
- Each table will be recommended at 6 people per table.
- Regular cleaning will take place in the communal areas.
- A one-way system will be in place for people who are entering and exiting the toilet facilities. There will be a one in, one out policy for the cubicles that will be monitored and enforced by a staff member. Toilet queues will be socially distanced. An extra urinal will be available at the event to reduce the size of the queue at the toilets.
- People will be asked to part at least 1 meter apart.
- The car park will have a one-way system in place.
Any guest who is seen to be not adhering to the rules that we have put in place may be asked to leave the event.